Summer is here, and right now, I am packing for my seaside vacation again in Baška, on Island Krk. I will be there for about one month, working and having fun. Nataša will also be with me first week of August.
1. I’m very forgetful so I always make a list, in my journal or on plain paper. When I pack thing that are on the list, I just erase them or cross. This list contains everything. From books and maps to clothing and shoes.
2. Pack about four-three days before leaving so you aren’t stressing about forgetting things. Even if you forget something – you have few more days to pack it.
I found cute suitcases you can buy online :
- White panelled wheelie suitcase costs £70.00 HERE
- White panelled wash bag for £15.00 HERE
- Pink floral suitcase is £70.00 HERE
- White embroidered suitcase is £70.00 HERE
- Black embroidered suitcase costs £70.00 HERE
WHAT TO PACK :
3. In small bag, which you will be able to carry it around and keep it close to you, put your most important things .
- Personal ID
- Phone, charger and headphones
- Health insurance cards
- Transportation tickets
- Emergency contacts (If something happens to your phone)
- Hand sanitizer
To me, these are the most important stuff I can’t go without.
4. Start packing you clothes. First, see the forecast. Even if it is hot as hell, I always take few shirts with long sleeves and long jeans. On the bottom of the suitcase, I pack thing I won’t wear much. It is good to separate socks/underwear/swimsuits from shirts/jeans, just beacuse it is easier for you to find them. Separate them in small plastic bags or bags that come with suitcases.
5. Make sure to pack up all of your accessories. Sunglasses, phone cases, jewellery, hats…
6. Pack your smaller bags in larger bags. It will help you a lot with saving space in suitcase.
7. Take your bathroom essentials in toiletry bag. Pack suff like toothbrush, toothpaste,
hair brushes, hair ties, bobby pins, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, sunscreen, makeup remover wipes, razor blades, tampons, pads and everything you need.
8. Put makeup in other toiletry bag. This is very important because if you eyeshadow brakes and opens you’ll have makeup on literally everything. I tie my brushes with rubber band and put it in smaller bag inside my makeup bag. I do this with eyeshadows, brushes, lipsticks, nail polishes…
9. Pack your shoes, heels and slippers in another plastic bag.
10. Other needed stuff are :
- small sewing kits
- pain relievers
- insect repellent
- travel journal and pen
- EAR PLUGS …
- Make copies of everything. Passports, photographs, everything.
- Check forecast frequently.
- If you want to stay the night for free check out https://www.couchsurfing.com
- https://www.airbnb.com/ is awesome website for rent a room or home
- https://www.kayak.com/ is also website like Airbnb
Have a great trip!